Monday, January 14, 2013

Aguas Calientes, Ollantaytambo, and Inti Raymi

The following pictures are basically a random conglomeration of the last days of our trip. We were lucky enough to visit during the Festival of the Sun (Inti Raymi), a big Incan ceremony in Cusco to celebrate the sod "Inti," or the sun god. The city was packed, full of young dancers, food vendors, peddlers, beggars, and tourists. I'm so glad we got to see all the performances!


Don't even suggest that this is gay pride - the Incan rainbow flag came around long before... :)









One of the best pictures of the trip - the airline offered us a night in a nice hotel if we'd delay our flight from Cusco to Lima. I was SO excited.


Obviously my sisters really love me.



Oh, baby lambs. These little girls bled me (aka my dad) dry for coins.





The family at the Inti Raymi celebration in Sacsaywaman. Front row, baby! I forced them all to wear the hats.


Throughout the whole city there are original Incan walls, fit perfectly together, despite strange shapes and designs. It was incredible!

More pics to come, whether you want them or not.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

UGH why are you so pretty? I miss your long hair.